I thought I’d go down memory lane and reminisce the days just before I fell in love with my ex-boyfriend (read our love story) .In this day and age, my husband is the so-called brooding artist, emo-ish guy (Think of my daughter, Lauren). I mean he is my total opposite. So why did I fall for him anyway?
Jane posted this meme on her blog and it alsogot me thinking if hubby is really MY type of guy. Not that I doubt if he is MY guy but it’d be fun to see the score at the end of this meme.
So here goes:
1. Suplado = I like suplado guys. There is an air of mystery around them. Butch is suplado.
2. Mr. Shades = Oh yes, groovy. Like that.
3. Masculado = Not too many muscles. Those rippling muscles look scary.
4. Guys who give flowers = Flowers given without any occasion is the best surprise.
5. Smiling face = Of course, a smiling face is way better than scowling face
6. Hiphop = Being a “good dancer” during the late seventies was a must. I thought Butch could dance because everytime a dance music played, he’d dance and wiggle on his chair. Oh dear, but that’s all he could do. Dance while seated. Haaay.
7. Guys who ask permission before courting = I would have loved that but nooo…Butch was unconventional.
8. Has earring/s = Though it wasn’t the fad then and if it were in this day and age, I’d say NO WAY.
9. Used to chew bubblegum = Definitely a turn-off!
10. Long-hair = Okay as long as it is kept neat , clean and tidy.
11. Bald = Bald is sexy too you know?
12. Antipatiko = No way.
13. Torpe = A little ka-torpehan is cute but only at the start.
14. Computer-games addict = NOPE because that would mean I will be competing attention with his game playing
15. Basketball player = Yes. Butch played basketball.
16. Mr. Count-my-ex’s-till-you-drop = No way. The thing was Butch was in a long relationship before me so that was a good sign.
17. Mestizo = Not really my type but I ended up with a mestizo.
18. Guys who sing well = It is a dream quality . Singing a few songs are good enough for me.
19. Quiet/tame = I don’t like quiet guys unless underneath that quietness , there is passion.
20. Cum laude = I like smart guys
21. Formal = Formal or casual at the right times. Purely formal is BORING!
22. Friendly = Friendly but not flirty.
23. Mr. I have an opinion about anything & everything = Geezus, if he will have an opinion about every little thing including moi, I will end up climbing the wall!
24. Motorcycle guy = I thought it was cool Butch drove a motorbike.
26. Rocker = I don’t like rock.
27. Skate boarder = Am I dating a guy or a little boy?
28. Alaskador (prankster) = Just not too much.
29. Flirt = Only to me .
30. Mr. Campus Crush = If Mr. Campus Crush fell for me, well and good.
31. Bigotilyo = Butch wore a mustache then. I thought it looked really hot on him.
32. Painter = Yes because I can’t paint.
33. Galante = YES!!!!!! But beware of “Greeks bearing gifts…”
34. Mr. Love Letter = Sincere, and romantic and sweet letters. No thanks to flattery and empty words. Unfortunately, I only had ONE love letter from my ex-boyfriend.
35. Maporma = Turn-off!
36. Talks Too Much = Tiring!
37. Soccer Hottie = Can be but not a priority.
38. Anti-Christ = Absolutely, definitely, sure as HE-avenÃ¢â‚¬Â¦NO, NO, NO!.
39. Mama’s Boy = Ewww. I don’t relish living with a guy who is torn between his girlfriend and his mother?
40. Hangs Out With His Friends A Lot = No harm within reason. Too much and he is better off dating a guy!
41. Mysterious Guy = Only in a few aspects of his character but too much mystery is scary.Initially magnetic. Too much mystery can be discomforting.
42. Cute Idiot = Male version of dumb blonde? No thanks!
43. Guitarist = That would have been a plus. Unfortunately, my ex-boyfriend never played any musical instrument.
44. Wide Vocabulary Guy = My type of Guy indeed
45. Loves you = The number one priority. DUHHHHH!!!!
46. Tennis guy = A sporty guy is a plus.
47. Dark skin = Prefer fair-skinned.
48. Tall = taller than me of course.
49. Chubby = Sorry but I want my guy fit and healthy.
50. Hairy = A Clean cut look and not much hair on the chest will do.
So how did my husband fare? Of course he raked in a lot of points. Despite his inability to dance or play a musical instrument, I love him anyway. Even if we list down all the fine qualities of our dream guy, it is still the “ding-ding” factor that counts.
So, if you still remember what it was like to dream about your dream guy, take the test as well! AndÃ¢â‚¬Â¦.let me know!
29 years ago
29 years after
Still in love…