Here is my list of 10 blogs that are making an impact to its readers in 2007. These are blogs that started anytime from August 1, 2006 to the present and are gradually gaining a considerable amount of readership and influence. Thanks to Janette Toral for pioneering this writing project.
Let me just tell you that my criteria is based on blogs with an advocacy and /or my relationship with these bloggers. In no particular order, here they are (drum rolls)
1. Pinoy Moms Network– Okay I am biased . This is a network that Connie and I founded together sometime February 2006. The advocacy is obvious. It is us, mothers, who determine what the future generations will be. The saying that ““the hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world” has never been more true. Moms who have joined our network is reaching the 100 mark.
2. Grief is a Journey is Cathy ‘s advocacy on grief education and recovery particularly GriefShare. Griefshare is a special seminar and support group for people grieving the loss of someone close. Together with her husband, Cathy launched Grief Share at the Greenhills Christian Fellowship in Ortigas sometime last year and seminars are held every saturday. This blog started on October 2006. What a blessing to to those in pain. If GriefShare started in the year 2000, I would have joined it .
3. Pia. Everyone knows her as Senator Pia Cayetano . She is Pia , a family friend, and Tita Pia to my kids. In her blog, she encourages women (men and kids) to start and maintain a fit and healthy lifestyle. Running and walking are one of the easiest exercises. All you need is a good pair of shoes, a place to run or walk and ideally a fitness partner to keep you company or keep you motivated, so her blog touts. No wonder she calls it mydailyrace.blogspot.com which she started on March 27, 2007. But we struggle on, putting one foot in front of the other.
4. The Blog and Soul Movement, by Jayvee Fernandez just started this month of May. Though very new, the Blog’s advocacy is gaining ground. Among other things, The Blog and Soul Movement aims to establish blogging as a relevant part of Philippine media. Now this is what I call an influential blog.
5. Here’s to Life!– Jane started her blog on October 2006. Her blog reminds us to maintain a clean and healthy lifestyle. I love that she espouses yoga though it is not for everyone.
6. Annamanila– My friend, Myrna is such a witty and creative writer that’s why I fell in love with her blog immediately. Her blog serves the needs of golden and goldening folks like herself” Her blog’s tagline: “Come grow old with me, the best is yet to be,” says it all. She started her blog on January 2007 and enjoys a wide readership among young and mature readers.
7. The D Spot – Dine wrote her first entry on November 8 , 2006 and I was the first to post a comment! Wow, am I blessed. I admire this loving mother for maintaining her sanity despite having 7 kids. I know she has her own way of organizing her household. What totally amazes me is “what happens when all 7 of them hollers MOM, can you….?”
8. An Apple a Day by no other than Aileen Apolo. Her first entry was posted on September 2006. For 2006 alone, she only posted 12 entries but look at the year 2007. As of May 24, 2007, a total of 88 entries! She should get an award for “Most Inspired Blogger”.
9. tingog.com: The Voice of The Filipino started on November 2006 by Nick. Tingog is the Visayan word for Voice. It’s so true. One voice can make a difference. One blog post can also make a difference.
10. Marielli, my daughter’s blog which she started on May 5, 2007, my wedding anniversary date. How can I not include M? She is my miracle baby. This girl is lovely, feisty, artistic, and highly intelligent. God must have a purpose for this girl of mine. Just watch it unfold in her blog.