Memes are so cool when one is faced with a “blogger’s block”. Note that I never say I am a writer. Thanks to Dexie, the feisty Momma, I am tagged to list down the 7 Random Facts About The Woman Behind aboutmyrecovery.com that will revolve around fashion, styling, hair, beauty and vanity. So yes, here is everything you need to know about the kikay me :
1. I wore the same hairstyle for twenty years and only sported a short layered cut this year. Thanks to my lovely 2 girls who constantly beg me to drive them to their favorite hair stylist. A favorite hair stylist is from I Love you Store or Hair News, a Korean Hair salon in Ortigas Center. My favorite hair color artist is from Salon de Manila because they make the most flattering highlights.
2. I own only 5 pairs of footwear. If you compare that to my husband’s 50 pairs, he’s really lucky to have married me. (I should show you the shoe cabinets I bought for him). As to the shoe style, I prefer to wear 2 inch sandals. I don’t like to wear flats or havianas because I feel short.
3. I own a lot of handbags in various colors but I only use one bag colored black till it gets rotten and unusable. Poke me when you notice it’s rotten because I pretend it’s not.
4. Even if my work requires me to sit in front of the computer, I always make sure I am wearing an eyeliner , lipstick and powder. I need to look professional even if my customers don’t actually see me and my virtual office.
5. Pampering means two hour manicure and pedicure at California Spa . I like to take my time when I am having my nails done. When my husband and I have a fight, I hie off to any facial spa for a facial massage to relax my frayed nerves.
6. I’ve always been a conservative dresser most of my life, thanks to a jealous boyfriend. It’s only in the past two years that I ‘ve been more daring. I now wear more clothes with plunging necklines which irritates my husband to death, as if anyone would still be interested in me. One thing that has never changed though is that I am a sucker for fashionable ethnic looking earrings and necklace .
7. I started taking care of my skin when I turned 26 years old. I was in California at that time and the sales lady at Macy’s conned me to purchase this really expensive Lancome eye cream. She said something like “take care of your skin while you’re still young”. I’ve been applying eye cream religiously around my eyes for the past 20 years or so using other skin care brands. Upon reaching 40 years old, I added more skin regimen such as Shiseido facial cream. These days, I use the Mary Kay Timewise skin solution. I also apply Virgin coconut all over my body and hair when I take a steam bath at the Fitness First gym.
As you might notice as I get older, I am more vain err more fussy about my appearance. Hehe. Okay so let me tag a few bloggers like LadyCess, Riz, Cathy, Auee and AnnaManila