Top 3 Winners
1. Mnel- First Kiss
Lauren says This story is captivating because it focuses on just one aspect of the love story – the first kiss. Other events and details were written in such a way as to emphasize the magic of that moment.
2. Lady Cess- The Promise of a Fairy Godmother
Lauren says that Her love story has a great hook and an interesting twist. I love how the ending leaves a lot to the imagination.
3. KingDaddyRich- Siya
Lauren says It was a bit of a struggle to read his entry because it’s written in Tagalog, but I love how he made poetic use of the language to create imagery that stays.
1. Kongkong – The End of Friendship
2. Fitz- A Valentine’s Date to Remember
3. Mr. Z- Strange Times My Dear
As a couple, Butch and I celebrate three anniversaries: the day we met, the day we became steadies and the day we got married. See, that’s how big I am with celebrations and anniversary dates. Celebration is a high form of praise of gratitude. To celebrate is to delight in the gift, to show gratitude. And that’s what I intend to do today. Celebrate the day that Butch and I first met each other 30 years ago.
I sifted through the yellowed pages of my diary to that day when I first met my ex-boyfriend at the UP Campus Shopping Center. I laughed at my entry because apparently, I was in love with another guy that day I met Butch. I simply forgot about it and it explains why I did not fall for Butch right away.
I was dating this guy, let’s call him Mark, a Senior Veterinarian student. Though we were not officially a couple, we often ate out together at the Shopping Center. That night, my brother dropped by my dorm and we went to the Shopping Center where I caught Mark eating at Rodics. The nerve, he didn’t even invite me. I felt he was avoiding me. I ran back to the dorm and cried in bed. Then I thought, maybe I should go back and talk to him. Luckily my roommate wanted to go to the Shopping Center. I peeped in all the eating places looking for Mark. Over at Lizettes, I caught two of my roommates sitting beside a cute guy which turned out to be Butch. They called me over to join them.
Still frustrated at Mark, I ranted about my “Mark” problems to my roommates. Laughing, they adviced me to talk to Butch about my boy problems. So I turned to Butch who seemed eager to listen to me. While talking to him about Mark being such a snob and all, I noticed Butch wasn’t paying attention to my litany of Mark rants. He was staring at me, almost stripping me giving me such a seductive look. I felt so awkward and uncomfortable. To top it all, my roommates noticed it and started teasing me. I stopped talking to him and turned away from his direction. But he was still staring and had the gall to say You have beautiful eyes…that look in your eyes in front of my friends. How very untrue. I had bloodshot eyes from crying over Mark. Ack.
And that’s how I met him that day, January 26, 1978. Our love story doesn’t end there, of course. Obviously, it was Butch who was more love struck than me.
So what is this Love Struck Writing Contest? I thought of giving back to my readers, visitors and lurkers part of the prize money I won from winning Best Website (Blogs Category) in the last 10th Philippine Web Awards.
- Three (3) winners receive US$ 50.00 each for top 3 Love Struck entries.
Three (3) lifetime (for the life span of my Protagonist WebHosting) domain and hosting plan worth $30.00 each. Prize is transferrable but NOT convertible to cash.
Duration January 26, till February 23. Winners to be announced on February 24,2008 which is my second blog anniversary.
Rules– Open to all Single or Married Couples
1. Write a blog entry on a Love Struck moment. The object of the love struck moment should be a person, not a thing, animal or place.
2. Post the link of your story in the comments section below. (Email the link to [email protected] in case your comment get’s caught in Akismet)
A link to this contest is required so more can join.
3. Entry will be judged by my love struck daughter, Lauren. She will choose the top 3 winners and 3 consolation prize winners.
So start writing! Come and celebrate the day with me.
Love Struck Entries
1. Mitch – Two Weeks
2. Edelweiza – Against All Odds
3. Kiel – Thank You Daddy
4. Lad- Joy of Having Joy
5. Peko-peko – Love Struck Writing contest; ng pumana si Kupido
6. Marjie – Darion: the introduction
7. Fitz- A Valentine’s Date to Remember
8. Rolly- Love Story
9. Mhel- The Whirl of Love
10. Ami- In that Room
12.Yoru- Reminiscing the Small Red Box
13. Em Dy- Not Love Struck All the Time
14. Jesy- Perfect 10
15. Kreez- Right under my nose
16. Mhalou- Unforgettable
17. Mec- Love Struck
18. Summer- Love Struck
19. issai- Love, a change in perspective
20. KingDaddyRich- Siya
21. Klinne- Nang dahil sa YM
22. Karmi- Dahil sa isang bote ng Coke
23. JHS- It All Began at Chuck E. Cheese’s
24. Buds- Sleeping Prince
25. Vloe- One More Time
26. Dakilang Tambay – Crush
27. D. Superwomom – Love “Trip”
28. Jel- The Story of Us
30. Michelle – Happy 11th Monthsary, Mahal!
31. Igno- Drive: fairy-tale ng man in waiting
32. Isel- Ocean Avenue
33. Ria Jose- The Cheesiest Songs
34. Bojoy- Utopian Dream
35. Joanna Marie- Love Struck Writing Contest
36. Romy Diaz- quickie
37. Joaquin- Second Time Around
38. Vylette- Harana
39. Cherry Mae- sAkit nA dULot nYa..
40. Lingling- Taluhan
41. Andrea- the story of us
42. Woobie- Friendship Driven Love Affair
43. Eliza- Book Perfect
44. Lady Cess- The Promise of a Fairy Godmother
45. Kongkong – The End of Friendship
46. Mnel- First Kiss
47. Mr Z- Strange Times My Dear