This 80/20 rule is more formally known as the Pareto principle, named after it’s founder the Italian economist. Pareto observed that 80 percent of the income in Italy was received by 20% of the people. For [tag]thursday thirteen[/tag], I will list down how the 80-20% rule applies to me, my work and my life.
1. 20% of my clothes in the closet are barely worn.
2. 80% of my sales come from referrals from 20% of my existing customers.
3. 80% of my blog’s google adsense income are derived from 20% of popular keywords (i.e. sex education, losing weight, SM Mall of Asia)
4. 80% of my furniture and appliances are brand new.
5. 20% of my productive time is spent updating my blogs .
6. 80% of my husband’s books have not been read for many years.
7. I save 80% of my income. (Husband spends all of his income for our needs. mwahaha)
8. 20% of my blog readers are in the age range of 25 years old and below.
9. 80% of the shoes in the shoe cabinet belong to my husband.
10. My ideal weight should be 20% less from my existing weight.
11. I am relaxed, smiling and calm 80% of the time . It should be actually more than 80%.
12. 20% of my readers have probably read all of my blog entries.
13. Around 20% of my entries are about grief recovery while the rest are about parenting, marraige and recovery.
Actually, one is not limited to 80-20 rule. There are stuff one needs to perfect, and one needs to spend the time doing regardless of how much value you are getting out of your time.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants